A Paranormal encounter in Sanjay Vann


Darkness is a friend of light
               
Shadows are not simply voids. There's much more than darkness in there. There is a world of intangibles disguised as darkness. There is an ocean of energy out there, invisible to the eyes.

It was a usual Saturday evening and I decided to go to my favorite spot in Sanjay Vann to watch the sunset. I found a few friends at the usual spot and I realized they were from Himachal Pradesh. We chilled for sometime as the Sun slowly dipped. It was a great vantage point where you could see up to long distances all around. One of the guys was into trekking and we talked in length about the Parashar Lake trek and also another secret spot near Kasol. After we were done, we started walking back towards the entrance. But a long way from the entrance, I stopped in my tracks and bid them goodbye. I wanted to spend some quality time alone.
I turned in my new happiness and walked to the edge of the forest. A couple of guys were wrapping up their workout and returning home. I stood there listening hard, hearing the insects sing their usual songs. I saw a deer move right next to me, and I was surprised that I didn't know it was standing there. We looked at each other's eyes for a while before it walked away looking scared and wary as they usually do.


The Sanjay Vann hides a thousand secrets buried by time


 I stood there and imagined what might be in there, in those depths of greens. And I thought why not go in one day searching for nothing in particular but to just explore; like the young boy in Murakami's Kafka on the shore. I agreed to that plan and closed my eyes for a while to feel more of this forest's energy, the feel of its sounds.
Then I felt a different silence. There was a change in energy that I felt. I did what I do whenever I get alert. I listened.
Moments froze,  paused .. And spoke these words in a whisper -" Gudbaha. "

I was so surprised that I turned slowly, out of fear and also because I was not ready to accept what just happened. But as I expected, there was no one there, apart from a bhaiyya in some distance about to leave. I acted calm and composed, and without turning or looking into the forest, I  walked away slowly. I could hear my heart beats, thumping hard. I counted each footstep and was relieved when I reached the exit. I took a moment to think about what just happened. I  have no idea what Gudbaha meant. But the male whisper still echoed in my ears. Baffled, I walked home in terror. I don't know what that was but I'm sure I was with something else. Some other form of energy. I still get goosebumps thinking of that day. How many more surprises do nature have in store for us? Who knows...
Can you believe this place is in the heart of New Delhi?

Abandoned medieval structures deep inside Sanjay Vann

Comments

  1. That was a creepy experience for real. I wish I could visit the place and experience it for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular ones

Pullu Padam; a peaceful village in the Heart of Thrissur

The Escape Route; Exploring the wilderness of Western Ghats

Trekking the Chokramudi peak; A wild experience in Munnar.